The big question

A Few of My Favorite Things


Big Question: How can I arrange and archive all the great ideas I hear (podcasts), read (articles, books, blogs) and watch (YouTube), along with my thoughts and insights I personally have regarding them, for me to remember? 

So many times I feel a "Wow, that was awesome," feeling about a particularly good topic ... and then life intervenes and those thoughts are gone. I considered a paper journal, organizing them in OneNote, or other methods. A blog I've resisted for about six months, because very truly I've tried before and failed to consistently blog. My blogs in the past have always been for me to go back to and reflect on, though I'm not against others reading if they get anything out of it! It was that and rereading a blog I started when my oldest was a toddler that finally got me committed to blogging. That old blog wasn't consistent, but the memories documented there I cherish, and there were many, many I didn't remember until I re-read them. 

Sooo.... what to name it? 

For me, a lot of the podcasts I listen to are PD in the strict sense, related to education. But I also listen to parenting podcasts, general interest, health, news, etc. Those are all "PD" in a way as they add to my store of knowledge, understanding and empathy. They are my PD for life in general. Thus, my blog is PD for life. 

My work knowledge and interests influence the rest of my time, and my hobbies, family and interests outside my work do influence my work choices. They are not able to be separated, so this blog I plan to be just what I'm finding meaningful right now and that I want to remember.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PD calendar - wishlist

Math CSETs are the antithesis of good mathematics